Saturday, June 23, 2012

Boston!

Exercise took a bit of a back seat this week - I had a 4-day trip to Boson!

I spent 1-1/2 days at a conference and the rest seeing the sights. Got to stay in a hotel right on the harbour, did some swimming in the hotel pool and walked for miles doing the tourist thing. Here's a few highlights:

Of COURSE I had to have dinner here

Yes, please!
Very entertaining, lots of creepy stories, and saw more of Boston than I would have on foot
Tried to go whale watching.
Had to abort about an hour outside of Boston when over half of the 300-passengers (myself included) were horribly seasick.
It was nasty. Ghastly. I'm done with oceans, thanks.

About 1 minute from my hotel and an absolutely wonderful place to visit
Lots and lots of these guys
Surprisingly slimy

Myrtle the Turtle - she's about 80 years old and over 500-lbs

Harbour beside the hotel

My nephew was in town! He lives in England but is on a road trip across North America for the next few months.
Absolute coincidence that we were in Boston at the same time...and on his birthday!


Also made it to Boston Common, Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market. Soaked up a lot of history, including seeing the graves of Paul Revere and John Hancock.

Ran into some great people at the conference that I'd met before, which helped keep things fun.

All in all, it was a great trip with easy travel and beautiful weather. A reasonably interesting conference, too.

I got to the gym once since I've been home, for a power boot camp. Followed by a lovely evening at High Park - we walked the trails, hit the dog park, and generally goofed around.



Missed these guys while I was away



Next up - Spartan Race on Sunday. I'm reasonably terrified. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Good luck with the spartan race! Or rather, I hope it went well, because you probably have already done it. I haven't worked up the guts to do one myself yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great trip! I've never been to Boston. And how fun to get to see your nephew!

    I can't wait to hear about your race!

    ReplyDelete