Saturday, December 10, 2011

All Work and No Play...

Well, you know how that goes.

My office moved to a stunningly beautiful space last weekend. It's already a real pleasure to be working in this new environment. But getting to that point took a lot of work. Packing, tearing down, moving, unpacking. And such.

Many, many long days late last week, all weekend and this week.

Which put my life way, way out of balance. And even though it was just for over a week, it took quite a toll. Overtired. Stressed. Missing my family. Grumpy.

A huge thank you to my husband for holding things together during the past week.

I still have a lot of work to catch up on but things are more or less back to normal now. I am enjoying a lazy Saturday morning with my coffee right now. Looking forward to the days ahead, celebrating my son's birthday and Christmas.

I did make sure that I got proper nutrition and got to the gym a few times. Not interested in getting sick, y'know. And exercise is a tonic.

Speaking of the gym - our Boot Camp group has been having some fun lately after our workouts with "Hey, can anybody..."

As in - can anyone do a bridge? Can anyone do a cartwheel? Can anyone do those pushups where you manage to clap in between each one?

This has been a hilarious way to end our workouts. Nicely tired but also pumped up on endorphins makes us a bit silly. And laughing is such a great way to wind down the day.

It's also been fantastic exercise in teaching ourselves not to automatically say "I can't", and instead give whatever it is a try. And if it turns out that you really can't? Well, that just means that you can't today. Gives you something to work towards, doesn't it?

Which means that I'm practicing cartwheels these days.

I wonder - what can you do?

Here's this week's recap -

Saturday - Work, work and more work.

Early Sunday morning walk
Sunday - 2K dog walk first thing, then headed to work.

Monday - Work, work, work.

Tuesday - Work, work. Got Stella to the dog park (2K round trip), had a file of fun playing soccer with her for a good 15 minutes.

Taking a quick breather. I guess it makes sense that a shepherd would love soccer!
Wednesday - 1K dog walk, Curves machines + 5 mins stairstepper + 15 mins Zumba + 290 assorted crunches + 3 sets of 30 pushups (that's 90!); 2K dog walk.

Thursday - Zumba class, Curves machines + 380 assorted crunches + 30/30/40 pushups (that's 100!) and then 5 of those pushups where you manage to clap inbetween each one. WOOHOO!

Friday - Worked late. Family crawled into bed with me for cuddles and a DVD. Glad to see the end of this work week.

1 comment:

  1. This post reminded me to try a bridge. I discovered I can, but it hurts because of an old wrist injury. (Nothing that affects me frequently, but gives me trouble on some weight bearing things.)

    I love the "can anyone do it?" game!

    ReplyDelete