Friday, October 14, 2011

400 Workouts? CHECK!

I started this year with 307 workouts under my belt. One of my goals for this year was to hit my 400th before I turn 40 this month.

Check!

This goal was a pretty practical one in that it got me to hit the gym regularly all year. I had room on the calendar for my vacation time and for a couple of days off for any particularly busy weeks, but otherwise? Cranky? Tired? Feeling lazy?  Too bad. Go and get your shoes on.

It worked! Got me to the gym even when I wasn't feeling like it. And you know that once I was there, I never regretted being there.

What's next...hmmm...maybe I can hit 500 before the kids finish school at the end of June?

Speaking of goals, I've hit 3 of my 6 for 2011 so far. I'm on track for the fitness-related ones...but I've got some work to do to accomplish the weightloss related ones. Huh.

How are you doing with your goals for this year??

Here's this week's recap:

Ready to get spooked? Check.
Saturday - 2K dogpark walk and Curves + 25 pushups in the AM. The 400th! In the evening, went on another Ghost Walk with my son, @3K. Old City Hall, Elgin Theatre, St. Michael's Hospital, Mackenzie House, Ryerson University and the Massey Mansion. Spooooky spooky.

Old City Hall. Beware of Courtroom 33.
The Tour Guys put on a fantastic series of historical walking tours - both spooky and non - and I highly recommend that you check them out if you are ever visiting Toronto or Vancouver.

He got Stella to pull him around on his scooter after this was taken. There was lots of giggling involved.
Sunday - Thanksgiving dinner with my inlaws. Beautiful, warm fall day. Kids had a great time riding their scooters around the paths behind Grandma's house. After dinner, my MIL and I took the dogs and kids for a long walk down by the lake. The lake was shimmering with the full moon and it was warm enough to leave the jackets behind. Perfect.

Since I mention the dog park so frequently, you should probably see a picture of it. It's a beautiful spot. This is about 1/3 of it.
Monday - Thanksgiving holiday. 2K dog park walk before breakfast. Another stunningly beautiful day. Hit Cherry Beach for a few hours of splashing around and soaking up the sun.

At the beach on October 10. Unbelievable!
Tuesday - Spent half the day in the car taking kids places. 1K dog walk before bed.

Wednesday - Zumba + Curves + 25 pushups + 1K dog walk.

Thursday - Stairs to 7 in AM + 2K dog walk + Curves + 15 pushups.

At the Inspiration Wall. Very inspirational.
Friday - 2K dog park walk, followed by one of my favourite things: race kit pickup!! Got our bibs and chips for Sunday's 5K, then browsed around the expo. Guess who we ran into:

Hello, John Stanton!
As busy as he was, John made time to chat with everyone. We chatted briefly about weight loss and fitness, he congratulated my son and I both on being active, asked my son if I'm more fun of a mom now that I'm active (he said 'yes', good boy!) and he graciously agreed to have his picture taken with us. Nice way to end off the expo. Looking forward to the run on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making so many of your goals!!!

    Your photos are beautiful! by the way red is a really good color on you. :)

    Good luck and have fun at the race on tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete